The Presidential Leadership Academy provides summer grants for students who study abroad or participated in an internship in the summer. The purpose of the grants is to promote opportunities for students to enrich their education, transform their time at Penn State and help them develop into future leaders. Each student received a grant to assist with living and travel expenses, as well as project costs.
All PLA students in good standing are eligible for a grant award in the summer following their first year in the Academy. Applications are available in the PLA office in the spring.
- Paul Birch Internship, Liberty Mutual
- Christina Boutselis Study Abroad, The GREEN Program, Iceland
- Zac Cohen Study Abroad, Brazil and Colombia
- Reilly Ebbs Study Abroad, University of Pisa, Italy
- Katy Gerace Study Abroad, Otto Von Guericke University, Germany
- Jane Hatzell Internship, Atlantis Project Fellow, Spain
- Jack Iffert Study Abroad, Tanzania
- Colleen McBride Study Abroad, Italy
- Sumit Pareek Conference, Urban Health, Portugal
- Akshilkumar Patel Research, Neuroscience Lab, Penn State
- Tessa Sontheimer Study Abroad, Tanzania
- Cory Steinle Study Abroad, Morocco
- Madison Taylor Study Abroad, Tanzania
- Ian Wasserman Conference, oSTEM, Chicago